Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Beauty Queen

I have a layout to share for a challenge that I did for the Pages In Time crop. Well actually it is for two challenges. A sketch challenge and a distress challenge. The sketch part was easy, but the distress challenge was a little harder as everything on the layout had to be distressed. So I used distress ink on everything. The papers are from an older K and Co. collection called Ancestry.com. The paper flowers were cut with the cricut using the George and Basic shapes cartridge. The marquee was cut with the cricxut using the Storybook cartridge. For the scallops around the marquee I used my scalloped scissors. It feels so good to finally put those to use again. I need to see if I can put some of those other shaped scissors to use. It's a shame that we buy so many tools and some sit unused for so long. Or maybe it is just me. Anyway, hope you enjoy my layout. It is a picture of my great aunt.


3 comments: