Monday, March 7, 2011

First March Challenge at Bettter Scrap

We had to scrap a bad day, and I couldn't think of anything worse than my accident a few years ago. Not something I like to remember, but my back always reminds me. Just this past week I lost a lot of sleep because of the pain. Anyway, no more self pity. Behind the pictures of my lo I have hidden journaling. Keep in mind the end of the journaling I did for my two sons, who seem to be infatuated with those little Hondas that I think are death traps! Well here's the layout:




And here is the journaling. I am not much of a writer.


This is a day I will never forget! I still suffer from the effects of this accident. It was February 20, 2009 when I was sitting at a red light, waiting to cross Highway 17. I was on my way to pick Clark up from the high school. He was a senior and got out early everyday. Well, the light turned green and I proceeded to go across, mind you, this big truck I was driving didn't have a lot of get up and go. I was almost to the center, when for a brief second I saw another vehicle coming at me on the drivers side. I didn't even have time to react. Next thing I knew, my head was hitting the drivers side door. The truck was spinning and I hit my head again, and then I was out. Not sure how long, but help arrived and I was on my way to the hospital. I am very lucky since in that area there is a 55 mph speed limit. Most people go 60-65. I do believe my big truck saved me, with a lot of help from God. I am thankful I survived! I also know I will never own a small vehicle after this accident. If I had been in something small, I would be dead. Forget gas prices, life means more!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment